Disk Size Manager - Powerful Directory Size Reporting Tool
Getting Started | Main Menu | Main Toolbar | Subsidiary Drive/Folder Scanning Toolbar | Graph/Details Area | Subsidiary Graph Toolbar | Application Options | File/Folders Search | Regular Expressions | Wasted Space | Notes on NTFS
Disk Size Manager is a powerful directory size reporting tool. The application has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Menu items are duplicated with easily accessible toolbar buttons, each having a clear hint.
There are basic elements of this folder size browser application interface numbered in the picture below. Please refer to the corresponding item in the list under the picture to get the detailed description.
1. This is the data grid where Disk Size Manager shows you general information about all available drives (for FD/CD/DVD - if a disk is present in the drive): drive type, total and free size, file system, cluster size, etc.
2. This is the drop-down list of available drives. Here you can select the drive to be scanned.
3. This is the Folders area. In the tree-like list you can see the folders structure of the selected drive. If you select a certain folder, the Graph/Details area (see point 6) will represent for you the details reporting of this very folder and its sub-folders.
4. This is a subsidiary drive/folder scanning toolbar. Please see the section “Subsidiary drive/folder scanning toolbar” for the details.
5. This it the application’s main menu. Through it all commands and settings of Disk Size Manager can be accessed. You can also use buttons of the main toolbar for fast access to the menu items (see point 5). Please see the section “Main menu” for the details.
6. This it the main application’s toolbar. Most of its buttons duplicate the main menu items for faster access to the application’s commands and settings. There are also specific buttons in the toolbar. Please see the section “Main toolbar” for the details.
7. This is the Graph/Details area which provides you with detailed representation of the specified drive or folder in graphics or in words. Five modes are available for the area: Pie graph, Bars graph, Details Reporting, File types and File owners.
In the Graph/details area you can
switch among different representation modes of the scanning session results:
· Pie graph – represent the results of scanning of the currently selected drive/directory graphically, with a pie graph.
· Bars graph – represent the results of scanning of the currently selected drive/folder graphically, with a bars graph.
· Details – represent the general results of scanning of the currently selected drive/folder in words. You will see a table containing folders name, total/used/unused size, creation/modification dates, etc.
· File types – represent the results of scanning of the currently selected drive/folder in words, generalized by file types (extensions). You will see a table which shows total files count, size and other info for each file type.
· File owners – represent the results of scanning of the currently selected drive/folder in words, generalized by file owners. You will see a table which shows total files count, size and other info for each files owner.
8. This is a subsidiary graph toolbar available in the Pie graph and Bars graph modes. Here you can adjust graphs appearance and contents. Please see the section “Subsidiary graph toolbar” for the details.